The is a 1 day course for all workers in any industry sector to give a greater awareness of the dangers that poor manual handling poses. The course will help them to understand safe handling techniques and give practical solutions to manual handling issues to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING COURSES
Every organisation has potentially harmful manual handling tasks and poor Manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work. The Manual Handling Operations Regulations were introduced to try and combat all manual handling problems and lay out duties for both employees and employers.The manual handling course helps to ensure that employees stay safe by handling objects in the right manner and thrive in a safe and healthy environment.
The manual Handling course will give you a good understanding of what manual handling is, the different manual handling techniques and the types of injuries that can be caused by poor manual handling. You will also be able to identify the risks and complete a risk assessment at your workplace.
1) Understand the principles of the relevant regulations
2) Be able to recognise potentially harmful manual handling operations
3) Understand the types of injuries that can be caused by poor manual handling
4) Understand the need for reporting and the reduction of accidents
5) Understand the legal responsibilities
6) Know the risk factors and undertake an effective risk assessment
7) Be able to reduce the risks and understand the control measures required
- The course can be presented in English, German or Spanish
- Group activities in your language help understanding
- All the training material are in English, German and Spanish
- Structure and presentation of the course is conducted by our highly qualified trainers
- A qualified/native translator/interpreter will accompany the trainer for courses in German or Spanish
- All courses can be held at a location that suits your business